Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Cover for my Nook

So I am COMPLETELY in love with the awesome Nook Color that Bill got me for Christmas! I fully admit to being a kid with a new toy. It's soooo much fun! What I wasn't in love with were the covers they had for the Nook in the store. As I kept looking for one that was a little cute that I could just make a little cuter I finally decided to just go home and make a cover that was more suited to my crafty sensibilities. Here's the result:


I used chipboard to make the cover then covered the chipboard with felt. (I admit it's not perfect. I was too lazy to get out the sewing machine and used iron on heat bond instead. But hey, it works.)  I made a couple of felt flowers, added a bit of bling, and voila, instant (and free!) Nook cover.






I am still not sold on the inside, but for now I made a little felt pocket for the Nook to slide into and a little felt strip at the top to keep it from falling forward. I'll figure that part out later, but for now it's WAY cuter than anything I would have overpaid for in the store.


Overall, a fun little project for my fun new toy!! Thanks so much for looking!!


I'm linking to...

1 comment:

  1. Love this! The flowers are awesome. I saw you over at Keeping it Simple and love your blog! You've made a great start :). I'm going to feature this on Whimsical Wednesday at rosyredbuttons.blogspot.com. Hope thats ok!

    ReplyDelete